THINGS COMING UP!
- 5/25/18 Talent Show 3:00 to 5:00pm; Date Night 6:30pm
- 5/28/18 Memorial Day/SCHOOL CLOSED
- 5/31/18 Grade 5 Dance
- 6/1/18 Field Day – Grades 5 to 8
- 6/2/18 Grade 8 Celebration/Dance
- 6/5/18 Field Day – Kindergarten/Grade 1 Invention Convention/PTA Meeting
- 6/6/18 Preschool Sing 10:00am and 2:00pm/Kindergarten Sing 6:30pm
- 6/8/18 Field Day – Grades 1 to 4; High Note Festival/Dorney Park
- 6/9/18 Color Run
- 6/11/18 BOE Meeting
- 6/15/18 Donuts with Dad – Kindergarten
- 6/21/18 12:45 Dismissal/Grade 8 Graduation
- 6/22/18 12:45 Dismissal/LAST OF SCHOOL
Join us for 2 fun-filled weeks here at Frankford Township School. Busing to and from school is included for all Frankford Township School students. T-shirts are also available for purchase. See Registration Forms below. We encourage students from all grades, K-8, to think about participating in this special program. This is also an excellent opportunity to “give back” and earn Community Service Hours for our 8th graders.
Frankford Township Preschool Registration
Registration for the 2018/2019 School Year for Regular Education Preschool will be held on:
Friday, June 8, 2018, 8:30am-2:00pm in the School Library
WE WILL BE OFFERING THE PROGRAM 5 MORNINGS/AFTERNOONS A WEEK
A tuition fee of $250 per month will be charged the first of each month.
This program was created to provide an inclusion opportunity for our Preschool Disabled class. We therefore have a limited number of seats available and may have to use a lottery system for selection.
Please call Katie Brady in the Elementary Office at 973-948-3727, ext. 206 between May 7, 2018 and May 25, 2018 to make an appointment for registration on Friday, June 8, 2018. A letter will follow as confirmation of your appointment along with a registration packet for you to complete.
Children in the district who are age 4 by October 1, 2018 and would like to begin Preschool may apply. We regret that children who are turning 5 by October 1, 2018 will not be eligible. Transportation is not provided.
Registration Requirements: Child’s Birth Certificate, Immunization Records, Proof of residency (e.g. electric bill with name and physical address on it).
Federal and State Legislation mandates this service be provided to Disabled Children ages 2 to 21. Frankford Township School offers services to disabled children ages 3 to 21 using a multidisciplinary approach. Children who are having significant difficulty in school may be referred to the Child Study Team by parents or appropriate school personnel. Children ages 3-5 who are experiencing a physical, sensory, emotional, communication, cognitive or social difficulty or a measurable developmental impairment may require special education and related services. The term Preschool Disabled means there is an identified, disabling condition and /or measurable developmental impairment that requires special education and related services.
If the parents are concerned about their child’s program, they should feel free to discuss a referral to the Child Study Team with their child’s teacher, guidance counselor, or administrator. The Frankford Township School Child Study Team can be contacted at 973-948-3727, ext. 205 for more information.
STAFF MEMBER OF THE MONTH!
The following staff members have been recognized for their positive interaction with students, staff, parents and the community at large.
- September 2017 - Brian Bansemer, Supervisor Building and Grounds
- October 2017 - Nicole Stiehl, Teacher Special Education/RTI
- November 2017 - Sonia Kelleher, School Nurse
- December 2017 - Robert Price, Teacher PE and Health
- January 2018 - Dominic Lacarrubba, Teacher Grade 4
- February 2018 - Meredith Mulligan, Teacher Grade 3
- March 2018 - Jayme DeBari, Teacher MS Language Arts
- April 2018 - Heather Hollar, Occupational Therapist
BOX TOPS FOR EDUCATION!
PLEASE LINK YOUR SHOPRITE PRICE PLUS CARD TO FRANKFORD SCHOOL
http://www.shoprite.com/shoprite-for-my-school/ Proudly supporting FTS Summer Enrichment!
Be sure to tell your friends, family and neighbors to support Frankford too! The more the merrier!
PLEASE continue to send-in clipped Box Tops so we can earn DOUBLE points all year long!
Each clipped Box Top is worth $0.10. Let’s make this our record year!