A Glance Ahead
Week of 9-24-18
- Please check this website regularly for homework and any last minute changes. “A Glance Ahead” will be updated weekly (usually on Friday), but I’ll update this page during the week if anything should change.
- Check HW notebooks on a daily basis and initial that your child completed the work.
- IF YOU ARE ABSENT....I keep your missed work organized so that it is ready to go home on the day you return. If you come back and have missed classwork as well as homework, please don't feel that it all has to be done in one night! Sometimes there is a lot of classwork to complete! Take your time and don't stay up late trying to get it all done. You can return it to me as you complete it.
- Mrs. Davis, Mrs. Burns, & Mrs. Harvey have graciously offered to organize my class parties this year. They will contact you throughout the year for help with sending in snacks and treats. Your help is appreciated!
- We are planning a class trip to Donaldson Farms in Hackettstown on 10/4/18. Chaperone request forms went home on 9/21/18. They are due on 9/26 which is also the day you'll be notified if you have been chosen. If you can send them in before that, it would be great. WE ARE STILL WAITING on a price, so the official class trip PERMISSION slips will go home next week!
Spelling – 3X each – hand in on Tuesday morning
FLUENCY – read passage and record time/parent should initial (this is handed in on THURSDAY)
This week in math, we will be working on subtraction with regrouping. This may be challenging for some. PLEASE feel free to help your child with the homework. It's very easy to practice regrouping incorrectly and even more difficult to reverse those mistakes! If the number of problems for HW is too much, set a timer for 20 minutes and stop. As the week goes on, it should become easier!
Check tonight’s HW folder for graded assignments.
Spelling HW – hand in on Wednesday morning
FLUENCY – read passage and record time/parent should initial
Social Studies - continents and oceans test today. Review sheets and optional extra practice sheets went home last week. We have been diligently practicing in class as well using both online games and worksheets! There WILL BE a word bank, so proper spelling is expected.
Chaperone volunteer slips ar due today!
Spelling HW – hand in on Thursday morning
FLUENCY – read passage, record time, answer comprehension questions…..parent should initial
Study for spelling test tomorrow.
Fluency record sheet and all comprehension questions should be turned in TODAY!
Grammar & Spelling tests