A Glance Ahead
Week of 9-23-19
- Please check this website regularly for homework and any last minute changes. “A Glance Ahead” will be updated weekly (usually on Friday), but I’ll update this page during the week if anything should change.
- Check HW notebooks on a daily basis and initial that your child completed the work.
- IF YOU ARE ABSENT....I keep your missed work organized so that it is ready to go home on the day you return. If you come back and have missed classwork as well as homework, please don't feel that it all has to be done in one night! Sometimes there is a lot of classwork to complete! Take your time and don't stay up late trying to get it all done. You can return it to me as you complete it.
- Mrs. McQuade has graciously offered to organize my class parties this year. She will contact you throughout the year for help with sending in snacks and treats. Your help is appreciated!
- I sent home a draft of our class list with parent names, phone numbers, and emails. Please check your information and initial next to your child's name if it looks OK. I will then print a FINAL draft to send home to everyone. Thanks for your help :)
Spelling – 3X each – hand in on Tuesday morning
FLUENCY – read passage and record time/parent should initial (this is handed in on THURSDAY)
This week in math, we will be working on subtraction with regrouping. This may be challenging for some. PLEASE feel free to help your child with the homework. It's very easy to practice regrouping incorrectly and even more difficult to reverse those mistakes! If the number of problems for HW is too much, set a timer for 20 minutes and stop. As the week goes on, it should become easier!
Check tonight’s HW folder for graded assignments.
Spelling HW – hand in on Wednesday morning
FLUENCY – read passage and record time/parent should initial
Social Studies - continents and oceans test today. Review sheets and optional extra practice sheets went home last week. We have been diligently practicing in class as well using both online games and worksheets! There WILL BE a word bank, so proper spelling is expected.
Spelling HW – hand in on Thursday morning
FLUENCY – read passage, record time, answer comprehension questions…..parent should initial
Study for spelling test tomorrow.
Fluency record sheet and all comprehension questions should be turned in TODAY!
Grammar & Spelling tests